Mixed Age Group
Mixed Age Group Classes
The classes in Primary are in Mixed Age Groups. Children engage in curricular and co-curricular activities in flexible groups of abilities and interest. This augments the three fundamental principles of learning in Primary - immersion, integration and collaboration.
The mixed age group classes
- Enables natural way of learning
- Allows children to engage with peers of multiple age groups
- Helps children learn at their own level and pace
- enables collaborative work across age groups
- Facilitates immersion of concepts by constant revisiting at multiple levels
- Legitimizes level-wise learning
Teacher facilitates the introduction of concepts in all subjects at multiple levels, keeping in mind the multiple intelligences and prominent learning styles. Children work and develop the skill of the concept at their own level.
Keeping in mind the difference between effort and ability, the teacher observes and records the level and pace of each child to enable progress in learning.